ASIAN RECIPES FOR YOU

A Collection Of Easy Recipes With Asian Style For Your Family.

Discover More

Thursday, September 17, 2015

[Filipino Recipes] Ube Crinkles

Ever since I made the Ube Macapuno Cupcakes from this post, I have been thinking of ways on how to incorporate ube in desserts. Of course, I already make an ube cake, and ube bars as well, but I’m thinking I could still do more with ube. Agree? I hope so!

Ube Crinkles | Filipino Recipes


A couple of weeks back, I tried coming up with an ube version of the crinkle cookie. Unfortunately, when I made it, it fell flat (literally) want to see a picture? Here you go. Too bad it was flat and just had too many holes in the cookie, an indication I added way to much leavener. But, oh my my my my! It was so good! I didn’t know where I got the strength to resist it because I was so tempted to finish the whole batch!

Ube Crinkles 2  | Filipino Recipes



I was raring to bake this again to perfect it but too bad, I ran out of my favorite ube jam from Mountain Maid Training Center. Thank heavens from my family who indulges my baking addictions, they bought me a few jars to experiment with last week. Yey!

Ube Crinkles 3 | Filipino Recipes


The final recipe I came up with was less sweet than the original one and I lessened the baking powder as well. The result? It’s just the perfect ube crinkle. It’s like eating a spoonful of ube jam, only it’s in cookie form. Yum? Yum!!!

And oh, a piece of advise? While it is good freshly baked, these cookies just keeps getting better as the days pass by. Want to see how I made it?

Ube Crinkles 4 | Filipino Recipes


To make the ube crinkles, we start by mixing together all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt. Whether you want to sift it or dry whisk it, it’s all up to you. For this recipe, I just dry whisked. Worked for me. In a mixing bowl, cream together to sugars (white and brown) and butter until light and fluffy.

Ube Crinkles 5 | Filipino Recipes


Beat in the egg and mix well.

Ube Crinkles 6 | Filipino Recipes


Now for the fun part – add in the Ube!!! Both the jam and the flavoring.


Ube Crinkles 7 | Filipino Recipes


Mix well until batter will look like this .

Ube Crinkles 8 | Filipino Recipes


Now, add the dry ingredients.

Ube Crinkles 9 | Filipino Recipes



Cover the crinkle cookie dough with a cling wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator. I chilled mine overnight, but if you can’t wait, the four hours will do.

Ube Crinkles 10 | Filipino Recipes



Ohhh!!! Another fun part! Place the powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl. There will be lumps in the sugar but it really doesn’t matter. We’ll just be using it as a coat. Now, get the dough from the ref and get an ice cream scooper. I used a .25 oz (1 1/2 teaspoon) sized scoop. I like small cookies, they’re pretty nice.

Ube Crinkles 11 | Filipino Recipes


Roll the dough into a ball and coat with powdered sugar. Place them in the cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake for 7 minutes at 350F. You can make approximately 76 yummy ube cookies from this recipe.

Ube Crinkles 12 | Filipino Recipes


The finished product. That bright ube color? I love it!

Ube Crinkles 13 | Filipino Recipes


Let the cookies cool in the in the cookie sheet for about 30 minutes before transferring them in the cooling rack or your tummy. Your cooling rack or your tummy? You’re choice.

Ube Crinkles 14 | Filipino Recipes


Ube Crinkles Recipe

Cook Time: 7 minutes

Yield: 36 cookies

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup ube jam / halaya (I used Ube Jam from Mountain Maid Training Center)
1 teaspoon ube flavoring (I used the McCormick Ube Flavor)
1 cup powdered sugar

Ube Crinkles 15 | Filipino Recipes

Ube Crinkles 16 | Filipino Recipes


Instructions

Assemble team dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt.
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
Add in ube jam and ube flavoring then gradually add in the dry ingredients.
Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
Using a .25 oz (1 1/2 teaspoon) ice cream scoop, roll the cookie dough into balls and coat with powdered sugar.
Bake at 350F for 7 minutes or until done.

Notes

Cookies are okay to store at room temp for a week.

This recipe and image sources are referred in website: Bakehappy.net. Thanks so much!

You Like It, Please Share This Recipe With Your Friends Using...


Don't Forget To Read This Also...





No comments :

Speak Your Mind:


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright 2015, "All Asian Recipes For You". All Right Reserved.
Powered By Blogger | Designed By EXEIdeas | Edit by [R]